The capture and dissimination of mental spewage.

Friday, September 22, 2006

I fear my inevitability

Now Listening: Dubs - Toujours le Meme Film.

Recommended? Yes

So I am going to start adding some music recommendations in here. Not sure the format but let's start with that. This album is fantastic... I then followed up my discovery by discussing this with the cats at TSC. This is what I said:

I find the whole thing rather refreshing though the production values are up just a smidge too high.

I really like Operation W and The Chauffer.

One downside is the album supposed to be a 'sound track'.. Soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist. So it reuses specific elements and beats to draw in particular characters or recurring events. But over all - this thing is just a real nice turn around.

Not to mention I'm terrified of becoming my parents. Which isn't hard to do - they're terrible people. They still listen to the same shit they did when they were kids. 60s and some 70s. Terrifying and everyone from that generation does that exact same thing. Even more frightening.

So when I do my math. Which is poor. I come up with this:

Pig released their first album in 88 or so. I started listening to them around 90. So they were already a couple years old. When I spin that disc i'm listening to music that is 18 years old.

So in 1988, 18 years previous was 1970. What was happening in 1970? Pink Floyd was queued up to release Meddle in the following year, Elvis's best years were behind him and the Beatles were calling it quits. So when I was listening to any of those bands in 1988 it was REALLY ancient history. Not just the events themselves but the entire genre, style or even relevance. Enter Pig. You tell me?

Give me something fresh - not industrial because that shit is classic rock.


Additional music to listen to:

Peaches - The Teaches of Peaches, Song, AA XXX
Squarepusher - Welcome to Europe, Song, Welcome to Europe
Fischerspooner - Odyssey, Song, We need a War (with David Byrne)
Cut Chemist - The Audience's Listening, Whole Album (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

Enjoy - comment - toodles.

-v.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's jesus!

lol

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home