The capture and dissimination of mental spewage.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My lovely insensitivities.

The glaring light of another day doesn't make my comment about the amish tragedy look any funnier. Sorry about that. They are a great peoples and I didn't mean to toss a low one for a chuckle. Ok. I did. That doesn't mean I don't feel terrible about the circumstances. Just that I have bad taste.

My dog is from Lancaster Amish Country. My dog. A boxer. He's a bit of a bad ass.



But I bought him from a little family in Lancaster. The wife with her child was there. The boys were out. So she was tending to her house, sans electricity. Though she did have a bottle of cleaner. I waved to her neighbor at the farm next door. They were using a horse plow. It was just wind, dust and silence. Really nice. The lady had a neat little accent. Part german, Part english. A true example of America. I bought the dog from her with a check.

A pacifist people who have hung out while American declared war against the English Empire, while Americans fought a civil war around them (Gettysburg) and as America decided that industrialism, captialism and the digitial divide was the way to take this nation. Now - they're the receipients of our dysfunctions. Again.

Want to hear something really amazing? The night after this happened. The community was taking food and clothing and blankets to the victims house. Yes, the parents of their lost and hurt children. But also the other victims. The wife and 3 children of this troubled man. They had forgiven him before they even buried their children. A great peoples. Truly.

-v.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Turn the other cheek. Imagine for a moment that we all did that...one wonders. I don't know, some people just get it.

6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home